What is a chemical peel?
Chemical Peeling is the application of an exfoliating agent to the skin resulting in the destruction of portions of the superficial skin and/or moderate depth of skin with subsequent regeneration of new epidermal and dermal tissues. It can be a complementary procedure 2-3 months after face lift.
What are the benefits of chemical peel?
Chemical peel is an excellent treatment for wrinkled, blemished, unevenly pigmented, or sun damaged facial skin. They :
- Improves skin texture
- Reduces surface pigmentation
- Treats your pimples and mild scarring
- Reveals healthy, glowing and fresh skin
- Preserves youthfulness
- Reduced fine lines, wrinkles and boost collagen production
- Improves moisture content of your skin
- Removes dead skin
- Increases your skin barrier
What precautions are required before the procedure?
- Avoid excess sun exposure; sunburned skin cannot be treated.
Discontinue use of retinoids and exfoliants 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Do not bleach, wax, tweeze or use depilatory creams on area to be treated 1-2 days prior to treatment
- Laser and electroepilation should be done 3-4 weeks prior to treatment