What are the advantages of mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is a technique which has numerous benefits-
- The treatment helps to hydrate and brighten your skin
- The serum we use in the treatment is highly beneficial for your skin
- It improves the superficial wrinkles of your skin
- It has the properties to eradicate under-eye dark circles
- The sessions help in spot weight reduction and tightening your skin
- It has the properties to treat alopecia
- It is a very effective alternative to expensive surgeries
- Overall, Mesotherapy is the one-stop solution for multiple dermatological problems
Steps to be followed before treatment-
- You must avoid any nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAIDs) and aspirin for one week before your session
- Avoid 1% Retin-Arich skincare products one month before your treatment
- Stop alcohol intake before your session starts
- Do not use any AHA skincare products one month before your treatment
- Stay away from professional chemical peels
Steps to be followed after treatment-
- Stay away from waxing, bleaching for five days after each session
- Your skin may feel dry and light. So, use a fair amount of moisturiser after each session
- Use recommended sun protection after the treatment
- Avoid sauna or steam bath, sunbed, sunbathe after your session
- Do not do excessive exercise immediately after your treatment
- Take all prescribed medicines as your doctor says
The treatment does not have any long-term side effects. But you may suffer from the followings-
- Swelling and pain
- Flushing and redness
- Bleeding and bruising
- Tenderness and itching
But all these do not stay for long
Mesotherapy is a non-invasive technique. It takes significantly less time to recover. You can resume your daily work right after your treatment.
If there are swelling and pain after the treatment, you may need to take rest for only one day.
Frequently asked questions
Is Mesotherapy safe?
Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure than any surgery. You may face minor side effects right after your sessions. All of them are temporary.
Can I have a Mesotherapy?
Yes, if you are at least 18 years of age, then you can have mesotherapy treatment. But before going for mesotherapy sessions, consult Dr Swetha about your requirements.
How long will it take to show the results?
It depends on your problem and your body type. Because everybody does not have the same kind of adaptability towards the treatment, hair regrowth takes at least four sessions, but you can notice the improvement in your skin after the first session.
Is Mesotherapy costly?
Dr Swetha’s Cosmoderm Centre charges only Rs. 3000 for each session. But the cost may increase according to your problem.