Most Powerful Fruit Combinations to Boost Your Immunity and Skin Health
The immune system is the body’s way of defending against infections, and it needs to be strong to fight off illnesses. But what if you’re not getting enough vitamin C? Turns out, combining certain foods can make you healthier.
To get a better understanding you need to visit the best dermatologist. Dr. Swetha is one of the leading dermatologist in Indiranagar. She can guide you with all the needed treatments to boost your immune systems and have healthy skin. Dr. Swetha’s cosmoderm is one of the best skin clinic in Indiranagar. With years of expertise in dermatology, Dr. Swetha is one of the renowned and best skin specialist in Indiranagar.
Foods that are known to boost immunity
- Blueberries and strawberries: These two fruits are rich in vitamin A, C, and potassium. All of these nutrients help the immune system and may reduce your risk for some cancers.
- Raspberries: Raspberries can also help to prevent cancer due to their high antioxidant content, but they also contain a good amount of fiber which will help you feel fuller for longer.
- Red grapes: Red grapes are an excellent source of vitamin K as well as folate and potassium. All three of those nutrients support immunity and bone health.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is a vitamin and mineral powerhouse. Broccoli is one of the healthiest veggies you can eat, with vitamins A, C, and E, as well as fiber and many other antioxidants. Cooking it as little as possible or better yet, not at all is the key to preserving its potency. Steaming is the greatest technique to maintain more nutrients in food.
- Garlic: Garlic is used in nearly every cuisine on the planet. It gives food a little zing and is beneficial to your health. Its importance in the battle against illnesses was recognized by early cultures. Garlic may also assist to prevent artery hardening, and there is some evidence that it can help decrease blood pressure. The immune-boosting benefits of garlic appear to be due to a high quantity of sulfur-containing substances like allicin.
- Kiwi: Kiwis are naturally high in folate, potassium, vitamin K, and vitamin C, among other essential nutrients. Vitamin C helps white blood cells fight infection, while the rest of the minerals in kiwis keep the rest of your body running smoothly.
Foods that are known to improve skin health
Antioxidant-rich diets appear to have a skin-protective impact. The following are foods that are known to improve skin health:
- Carrots, apricots, and other yellow and orange fruits and vegetables
- Fatty fish like salmon, mackerel.
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach
- Beans, peas, lentils
Combining fruits to increase the immune system
The practice of mixing foods has its origins in Ayurvedic medicine. Food is digested at different rates by your body. When compared to fruits and vegetables, meat, for example, takes longer to digest. Furthermore, digestive enzymes responsible for breaking down meat protein into amino acids differ from those responsible for processing plant-based diets. These claims are backed up by scientific evidence.
Bloating and general discomfort might result from eating two or more fruits with differing digestion demands. Melons, for example, contain more than 90% water and digest swiftly. They will ferment in the intestines if you combine them with avocado, which is high in fat and takes longer to digest.
It’s best to combine foods with similar qualities, such as apples and pears or oranges and grapefruit, for optimal digestion. This may aid with gut health, bloating relief, and the prevention of digestive pain. Furthermore, specific meal combinations can help to strengthen your immune system, reduce inflammation, and improve liver function.
The Role of Antioxidants
Antioxidants are natural chemicals that neutralize the activity of free radicals in the body. These free radicals attack cells and cause problems in immunity, cellular function, aging, and diseases. You need to have an adequate intake of antioxidants to combat this problem. Some good antioxidant-rich fruits include strawberries, blueberries, acai berries, and goji berries.
This article concludes that most fruits are healthy. There are some exceptions like dried fruit, fruit juice with added sugar, and canned fruit. There are many combinations of fruits you can use to boost your immunity and skin health. You can visit Dr. Swetha’s cosmoderm to have a better consultation. It is important to eat a wide range of fruits for the best results. You can mix berries, grapes, apples, bananas, plums, oranges, kiwi, pomegranate, apricots, grapefruits, and many more!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!